11.11.2008

Freeze yer Buns




The Crunchy Chicken Blog is hosting the 2nd annual "Freeze yer Buns" challenge which is encouraging everyone to turn down their thermostats and live a more environmentally (and fiscally) responsibly this winter. Living in Fl, it may seem silly to bother joining this challenge, but we do run our heat occasionally in the winter; we have already run it this year, and the forcast shows days in the near future that we would probably run it again. So instead we are pulling out the extra blankets and turning the thermostat off! 
Since it isn't a huge sacrifice for us, I am also going to be turning off my dryer for most of the winter as well. This forces me to stay more on top of the laundry than ever and will be a far more energy conserving move than the heat.

3 comments:

stephanie@{Olive Tree} said...

Oh, I would loooooove to do this. :) But as I am the warm natured one in this house there would be SERIOUS protesting. Hmmm. Must think on how I could implement a little change... :)

Pattie said...

I won't join the official challenge, but we do this a LOT anyway. We shall see how we decide to implement this change as the weather grows cold. We gained almost a month of lower energy bills because winter has just now begun to come to ND.

Brooke and Tim said...

After paying our $28 electric bill because we haven't been home since September 25th...I am TAKING THIS CHALLENGE! We are also starting our own challenge of using much less light in our house over the winter....