The summer 30
(updated July 5th. Next update early August)
- Weekly craft time with the girls - I have not done so well with this. I HAVE spent a lot of quality time with the girls. We've done a ton of lapbooking, writing and some paint by number. We've also been learning Home Arts which scarily, they've enjoyed.
- Draw two hours a week - almost every week. Pictures can be found here
- Create Florida wildlife nature notebooks with the girls - have the book but not the umph to start these yet.
- Visit the beach at sunrise / during a full moon - this week we'll get the full moon. Sunrise after Daddy comes home
- Weekly beach time with the family - hmmmm, not so much. A few times.
- Teach myself to knit (also make Brooke come help me learn) - DONE!
- C25K program - not done. I have been riding the bike and doing sit ups
- Grow Sunflowers - I have decided at this point to plant these in August when we get back. We can grow fall sunflowers. Starting now means we miss the growing whilst on vacation.
- Finish all inside painting projects - major projects done. Need to do trim work and touch ups in some areas
- Yoga (3x a week) - nope
- Go 5 new (local) places- Belly Buster Monday at the ball park
- Eat more green smoothies - in progress. I've been eating better in general overall. Green smoothies are a 3-4 times weekly part of that
- Weekly movie night - I think we've managed this almost every week including The Princess Bride, Enchanted, Cars, A National Treasure Marathon
- Make homemade ice cream- nope
- Swim across the lake and back - coming up on vacay
- Read 5 classics - nope
- Read 5 non-fiction books - nope
- Read 5 new authors - two so far - Flynn and Paolini
- Read 40 books total (including the 15 listed above) - list at the bottom of the page. Probably not going to make 40, but willing to try...
- Discover 5 new music artist interests..exploring Amos Lee, The Doerfels, Great Lakes Swimmers, Iron and Wine, Emmylou Harris and several more. Will continue to find more I love.
- Make 10 new recipes - vegetarian stuffed cabbages, lemon mousse, squash soup, mushroom casserole, grilled potatoes (check the Recipe category at this blog for recipes )
- Create a household notebook - in progress....and it's evolving into a different form than I originally thought
- Take pictures daily - not daily so far but a LOT more pictures. A lot. I'm very happy with how this one is going
- learn some basic photo editing -nope
- Blog 3x/ week - better. I didn't blog much in June, but we're getting there with more consistent blogging
- Make weather and coastal lap books with the girls - this so changed. We're making Ocean and animal lapbooks instead. AND mesopotamia. Still fun.
- Finish 5 baby blankets (crochet) - 1 down. 3 in progress and the babies keep being born early!
- Plan school for 2009-2010 - in progress
- Purge, simplify and pare down - in progress
- Skinny dip - coming soon. The girls will also be introduced to this delightful pasttime
Cemetary Dance - Preston and Child ( my faves!! )
Transfer of Power - Flynn
The Third Option - Flynn
Separation of Power - Flynn
Executive Power - Flynn
Memorial Day - Flynn
Eragon - Paolini
Eldest (in progress) Paolini
In Praise of Slowness - Honore