2.13.2011

Good Peeps

THEREFORE THEN, since we are surrounded by so great a cloud of witnesses [who have borne testimony to the Truth], let us strip off and throw aside every encumbrance (unnecessary weight) and that sin which so readily (deftly and cleverly) clings to and entangles us, and let us run with patient endurance and steady and active persistence the appointed course of the race that is set before us Heb. 12:1


I spent a large portion of my afternoon today sitting in a living room (NOT an Ikea showroom--don't let the pillows fools you) talking with some friends about being pissed off at satan (and a little bit about boob jobs).

This was after I spent a morning chatting, and having deeper conversations, and worshiping and just generally enjoying being with a family of believers.

I spent some time this morning talking with a group of women who have committed to spend every day this year in the Word.

And still more time talking to people who are starting, or praying about starting a fast.

And still more time admiring a beautiful woman with a beautiful heart who doesn't know how truly beautiful she is and whom I would love to know better

And still more time giggling with a chicken farmer

And still more time talking about books, and women-children, and sick littles, and weekend happenings, and prayer requests and God moments with some of my most special besties.

I realized that God has more than surrounded me with a wonderful, amazing, miraculous, somewhat broken, entirely imperfect, falling down, getting up again, beautiful, incredible people.  God is enough. He is, but He's so good that He knows I need some earthly hands and feet and arms and smiles and jokes and talks and prayers and learnings to sharpen and encourage me. He must really love me a lot ( I am His favorite), and know how often I fall down to have provided so very many great witnesses to run along side me.

He has filled my life with good peeps. My cup runneth over.

2 comments:

Pattie said...

You are good peeps, too :)

Katie said...

You are a great peep too! I am glad you are in my life.