Here's what I accomplished in January:
- I read 18 books. I do not think I can keep that pace, or even close, through the year. I read a great deal of brain candy. If I can read ten books this month I will be happy.
- I exercised consistently, 5-6 days a week every week
- I menu planned, and we were able to cut our grocery bill down as a result--including a large restocking trip we still came in under budget
- Family meals and family movie night were consistent
- I built and am maintaining a house work and home school maintenance plan.
- I cleaned and organized several areas including the master closet, the yarn stash, and the kitchen cabinets
- I blogged 18 times
- I was consistent in Bible reading and study, and was incredibly blessed by a group of now one hundred women who are reading with me. That's exciting!!!
All in all, I call the month a success. There are things I did not accomplish, but when I look at that list, I have nothing to complain about. The truth is, these are mainly things that should have been in place anyway so I plan to continue consistency with them and build on a nice solid foundation.
As I mentioned in January, I plan to set five mini-goals for myself each month:
Spiritual - practice prayer and begin study on Old Testament festivals. Continue daily Bible reading; begin memorizing Psalms 119
Physical - abs and arms (didn't do it last month as planned) back up to consistent 5k distance
Creative - start sketching again; watch more movies; finish 5 yarn projects; blog every day in Feb.
Organizational - Girls rooms and bathroom deep cleaned; organized; overhauled for spring
Grab-bag - send some fun mail; Mission trip planning; bird watching; write 12 times on the list blog
I have a few more personal goals as well, but this is in-depth enough for public consumption. Here's to a great February and maybe even finding a little breathing room!