3.11.2011

In Which I Take Heart

I don't know that there is ever time that I would say being in ministry is easy. It can be rewarding, joyful, exciting, frustrating, excruciating, amazing, awesome...I could go on...but easy is never a word I pull out to describe our lives.
Lately, however, ministry has simply felt heavy.

 Marriages are failing
Lives are falling apart
 People are falling away
Unity is not found
 Selfishness, self sufficiency and self worship abound
The lost are not reached
 The Church is not known by its love

My list of prayers grows daily, and kingdom prayers aren't always ones that are easily answered or that will ever come to end. This world is dying, unwinding. The Solution has yet to break through the curtains of Heaven on His white horse and so the earth shakes and the seas roar and the slavery count rises and I wonder if anything I pray or think or say makes any difference at all.

There is only one answer: to ignore all the things I see that would seem to contradict victory, and lean in hard, hard to the One who is Truth.


I have told you these things, so that in Me you may have [perfect] peace and confidence. In the world you have tribulation and trials and distress and frustration; but be of good cheer [take courage; be confident, certain, undaunted]! For I have overcome the world. [I have deprived it of power to harm you and have conquered it for you.] ~ John 16:33 (Amplified)