6.13.2011

Monday Evening Jumble a.k.a. Why I am never bored

  • Before I even really start this jumble of thoughts, I feel you should know that I have now officially blogged more this year than last year.
  • I am on track to pass the two years before that by the end of July if I keep blogging at a decent pace.
  • It's kind of nice to have my voice back.
  • Interesting that God had me rest my actual voice for two years before He gave it back...
  • and appears that He may be doing that same with my writing voice.
  • He's such an interesting God isn't He? You really never know what He's going to do next.
  • I never get bored (and I kind of pity people who do)
  • I keep wanting to write about my "retreat"
  • It truly was so absolutely delightful. God utterly spoiled me. The only thing that could have POSSIBLY made it a little better would have been an out-of-the-blue masseuse drop in at no charge to me.
  • If I had to put it in a nutshell, what I heard for the entire week was "You are my beloved. I delight in you."
  • I didn't even know that was what I needed, but you know what, it was exactly what was needed, and I am so grateful I stopped to really receive it.
  • That God; He's changing me.  He's tricksy.
  • Again, NEVER BORED
  • Tomorrow I am going to write my first Compassion Blogger blog
  • I'm putting that here so now I am accountable.
  • I have THREE heart children now: Jacksen, Fiona and Konkobo.
  • I truly love them all with my whole heart.
  • Aren't hearts amazing that they keep being able to do that? You just give your heart entirely to something and  the next thing you know someone else comes along and LOOKY THERE you have a whole heart still to give! I don't really get it. That's because it's a God thing.
  • I'm totally not on board with half-hearted enterprises.
  • Is it tooting my own horn to tell you how much I enjoyed a conversation and jokes with a random elderly neighbor at Wal-mart today? Because I did.
  • I'm glad I took the time.
  • Because normally I wouldn't
  • I did mention God is changing me, yes?
  • Also--He's never boring.
  • I am very seriously looking into becoming an online missionary with this company
  •  I learned about them from this web site 
  • I learned about that site from reading John Piper's Don't Waste Your Life, which I read in one day on my retreat. Which KICKED. MY. TAIL.
  • I'm glad God got the part about REALLY loving me before we got to the tail kicking day.
  • I've mentioned never being bored, haven't I?
  • Oh, and I have to find some local outreach to really plug into.
  • Free time? I'm sorry. I don't understand the question.
  •  ;)
  • It's really all good though. None of it feels frantic or forced.
  • It's like riding the waves at the beach (I miss the beach. Lake waves aren't really wavey...)
  • Speaking of the lake, I lived in it while the girls were gone, and now that the girls are back I am living in it all the more.
  • We won't talk about the dust settling in this house.
  • If you know me you know of my war on dust...
  • ...but the lake caaaaaaaaaaaaallllllssssss me. It BECKONS.
  • I will miss it if we move 
  • LOCALLY PEOPLE - good grief. Don't send hate mail.
  • I literally wished to be at Wal-mart today.
  • Does it mean I hate kids that VBS made me feel that way.
  • I love kids. I LOVE THEM.
  • In groups of three or less. True story.
  • I am having a pretty serious thing going with Brennan Manning.
  • also True Story.
  • He writes for my soul.
  • Read him
  • READ HIM
  • Oh and when you read him, you'll read about this really awesome and amazing God who is never EVER boring.
  • That's all I've got.

No comments: