7.13.2011

Help

Abba
Help me
find my way
  my priorities
    my discipline
      My Love.

Help me
  Find my Voice
    my compassion
      my ministry
         my charity
   My boundaries
     (do I get to have boundaries?)


My thoughts; My prayers
My hopes; My fears.
Holy Spirit, groan for them.


I feel: adrift
           unanchored
               uncharted
                 uncertain

Scrambled, tumbled, lost, confused, concerned,distracted, distant, disengaged, distrustful.

But You say
I AM
the Way
the Truth
the Straight Path
the Firm Anchor
the Solid Rock
Peace, that passes understanding
the Beginning and the End
the Center
Hope
New Mercy and Joy in the Morning
Healing
Life
the Light of Men
My Rock
My Salvation

You say, Come,
   You burdened, weary, heart-heavy, soul-seared, back-broken, downcast.

Come.
And  I will give you
  still waters
     quiet pastures
       Hind's feet
         Eagle's wings.
A heart of flesh,
A new name.

Help.
Rest.

God's Promise.

3 comments:

Rachel Lundy said...

Beautiful and honest. Thank you for sharing. I pray that the Lord will strengthen you for the ministry to which He has called you. I pray that this Christmas season will be a time of refreshment and renewal. May God pour out His grace upon you and give you peace.

BARBIE said...

I found you through the link up over at The Gypsy Mama, where we share the post we wish more people would have read this year. This one really spoke to my heart. I am not a pastor's wife, but am very actively involved in ministry, and consider my blogging a ministry. I really needed these words today. Thank you!

Heather Truett said...

Yes.