8.30.2011

Night Swimming

Nightswimming deserves a quiet night.
September's coming soon.
I'm pining for the moon.
And what if there were two
Side by side in orbit
Around the fairest sun?
That bright, tight forever drum
could not describe nightswimming.  ~  REM


I have confession to make. Since I have moved I am completely addicted to night swimming.  I know, I know. I have lived on a lake for two years now, but there is something about being right there on the water, within a few feet of your bedroom door, with the bottom not oogey and squelchy and the privacy of the point on one side and the boat house on the other and the promise of moonlit water lapping and a serenade from owl island that makes it quite irresistible. 

Living here has made me quite nostalgic. Many of the best memories of my childhood involve lake life at my Grandmother's house in Michigan, where I spent so many of my summers growing up.  I never dreamed that I would have the opportunity to actually live on a lake and bask in that life style.  Now we have moved from an incredible house to an over-the-top, water view from every window, not one more thing I could ask for home on the lake that daily brings to mind all the magic, all the wonder, all the joy that those memories and nostalgia bring.

I'm twice blessed.

No comments: