10.25.2011

Simply Living: Day 25: Simply Fun

I was going to post today about hard work.  I read this fabulous quote and it spurred a whole line of thoughts about how very hard I have worked this month in conjunction with writing these posts, and how worth it already is to have put in this effort, because the fruit is apparent. This is a lifestyle change that is going to stick, and I am excited about it.

However, instead today I took my children to their science class at Lockerly Arboretum and wandered with the camera. I don't fancy myself to be a photographer, but I aspire to be. I went out on a creative date and took pictures of whatever struck my fancy. The light was amazing, though I failed to capture it as well as I hoped. I threw away as many pictures as I kept, but I had fun.  I think I am going to take myself on a creative date more often. I like hanging out with me. It's been too long since I said that.




                                     














6 comments:

Lorri said...

Beautiful pics!

Carol Freedom said...

Love them. My three favorites are the first yellow flower, the path, and the bridge.

I am reading your recommendation: Miss Minimalist - I learned something in Chapter 9 - Don't Organize Clutter!

Glad you are getting such encouraging results from your efforts. Thanks for your example.

Pattie said...

I LOVE THESE. They're lovely, truly lovely!

ang klocke said...

Indeed you should! Love them. (And you!)

ang klocke said...

PS: Your spamifier word thingamabob called me a name. It said I'm a "gledork." So wrong...

Katie said...

Your pictures are beautiful! Love them and you.