10.13.2011

Simply Living: Day 13: Simply Speechless

I don't have words for today. I'm a wordsmith who loves to find the perfect word to capture the beautiful moments, and today, I cannot find the words.  I don't know how to say that every moment was completely, brilliantly perfect and complete as we passed through it.

I don't know how to convey the magical experience of being part of what makes a small child's perfect day perfect.

I don't know how to share what it felt like to see the most exquisite, perfect rainbow stretch from one side of the earth to the other, only to be reflected back to us from the water lapping at our feet.

I don't know how to explain the prickle of tears and awe when your best friend, while in Haiti, posts an almost identical picture at the same time of an identical rainbow.

I don't know how to share what it is to know, to know without question that every single moment of this magical day was orchestrated just. for. me by the God who holds every piece of the universe together for all time for no other reason than His unfathomable, unfailing, unbelievable love for and delight in me.

If this is grace, I am drowning in it.

What I do know the words for is this: if all the puny work I have ever done and will ever do leads only to this one day of being so utterly covered in love, then it is worth every second.
Today I lived.
Every second, every breath... Alive. Amazed. Awed. Adored.

This...is more than what I hoped for when I began to clear the clutter and find space to live. I never for a moment expected today to be the gift it has been, but because I made time for the gift, it found me.


I don't have words enough.  What I know is that today was God's love letter telling me that yes, making time for Him to show off, and making time for my eyes to behold it, are only a fraction of what's in store for His Beloved.  I don't ever want to miss even a moment. I want to Simply Live.

2 comments:

Sara said...

Love this. Love you.

Pattie said...

The two rainbow pictures are just incredible. Truly a huge huge blessing and connection between the two heart friends you are!