Quick Takes Friday, Vol. 2 Ed. 12
1. It feels like ten years have passed since my last quick takes. I even checked to see if I skipped last week, but no. I did not. Looking back over my week, it didn't seem the busy day to day but now that I am at the end of it, it feels like it was a weighty, busy, ragged week.
2. As I was typing #1, the power went out. Then we went to a movie - The Avengers. It was indeed awesome! Then we came home and had a family dinner. Then we swam for an hour. I am not feeling so much like blogging any more which is unfortunate since I didn't finish this earlier and there are still five more scintillating and amazing things I have left to share with you.
3. Next week is fairly momentous. It contains Olivia's 12th birthday, my 16th cancerversary, and my birthday, a wedding, Mother's day, and a visit from my mom. I expect to be fairly worn out by the end of it all.
4. Today has been great fun but it hasn't felt particularly restful. I am selfishly happy that this weekend is pretty empty as far a places to be or things to prepare for. In fact, other than church, I still have two full days in front of me. I really haven't done any real counting on my 100 things challenge, though I have purged a lot, lot, lot. I think I am intimidated to count for fear I will realize I own a BILLION things and then have to come clean about it. It could happen. I'm not sure then what the fallout would be, but I am fairly certain it's no where near the scale I have built it up to be in my head.
5. Tuesday started my Non-Consumer Experiment. This past month has been so off kilter that it kind of snuck up on me. Apparently when one is about to not spend for a year, one runs out, purchases three tank tops, some rafts and a pretty flimsy cheese slicer. Then one runs home, grabs a few songs off I-tunes and stocks up on writing and geography curriculum for next year. That's it. That 's all I had time to do after all my thinking about it when it came to the last day. So with a wing and a prayer, I'm off. This week hasn't felt very weird or hard, and I still went to the grocery store too many times. That's the real hurdle. I have to get some personal guidelines for that.
6. I was inspired by a friend today to start putting together some reading lists for my girls this summer. They read avidly but tend to stick to the fantasy/ science fiction genre, and I am going to force them to spread their wings a bit and read some new things. When I get those lists put together, I'll share them here if anyone is interested.
7. Today is the day I cop out of 7 Quick takes. We'll call it 6.25 Quick takes Friday!